Being surrounded by sweat water and saltwater, Tortuguero is a great place for fishing. In the lagoon or on the open sea, fishing is real fun in Tortuguero!!
- Tour start: Or in the early morning or in the afternoon
- Duration: minimum 2 hours
- Price: 75$ per hour, minimum 2 hours / 2 persons
- Includes: boat, fishing equipment, drinks
In the area you can fish among others snooks, tarpons, mackerels and barracudas.
Apart from the sea turtles, the birds that inhabit Tortuguero National Park are one of its greatest attractions. Birdwatchers are invited to join one of our tours with a local guide having deep knowledge in ornithology and who can you show you – depending on the season – among others the following birds:
- Chestnut bellied Heron (Agami Heron)
- Boat-billed Heron (Cochlearius cochlearius)
- Purple Gallinule (Martinique Porphyrula)
- Red-capped Manakin (Ceratopipra mentalis)
- Sungrebe (Heliorinis fulica)
- Great Potoo (Nyctibius grandis)
- Common Potoo (Nyctibius griseus)
- Green and rufous Kingfisher (Chloroceryle Hindu)
- American Pygmy Kingfisher (Cloroceryle aenea)
- White-necked Puffbird (Notharchus hyperrhynchus)
- Tour start: 05.45 am ( further starts on demand)
- Duration: 3 hours (longer tours on demand)
- Price: on demand
- Includes:bilingual naturalist guide, high quality binoculars, telescope (hike), rain gear (canoe)
This tour can be done canoeing / kayaking or hiking. Please contact us for further information!
Not only its great variety of animals but also a continuously changing nature, a light that gives a magical touch and the big number of flowers and trees hidden everywhere turn Tortuguero National Park into a place of great interest for photographers. In “Tortuguero Tours – Adventures Close To Nature” we are aware that taking a good picture requires both patience and the corresponding conditions. Therefore, we offer private tours with local guides that are also amateur photographers knowing where as well as when you´re going to have the highest possibility of finding the motive required. Beside, they will adapt themselves completely to your rhythm and give you all the time you´ll need to take the perfect picture.
As every photographer has his own needs and wishes, this tour is a very personalized and individual one, thus we kindly ask you to please get in contact with us for further information!
- Tour start: on demand
- Duration: on demand
- Price: on demand
- Includes: bilingual naturalist guide, high quality binoculars, telescope (hike), rain gear (canoe)
This tour can be done canoeing / kayaking or hiking.